Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rub A Dub Dub

I was so sad when my Dr told me that I wouldn't be able to take a bath until 4 weeks after I delivered. I'm a bath person. Before Nora, I took a bath at least twice a week. So it was sheer torture going for 4 weeks without one. In fact, I must admit that I took one a day before I was supposed to. Don't tell my Dr though.

Anyway, when my mom mentioned that she used to take baths with her kids I was sold. Not only is giving her a bath in her little tub or the sink a complete nightmare, but it sounded so fun. So for the last few weeks we've shared an every other night bath. Nora LOVES it.


She can be screaming bloody murder beforehand, but the second she enters the water, she's all wide eyed and bushy tailed.

I just love holding her slippery little nakey body. And she always crosses her feet like she's just so relaxed. It's the cutest thing.



Mmm, I just love her.


I love her dressed up as a bear too. Even though her face is saying "Why do you feel it's necessary to dress me up as a pink bear? This is so embarrassing."


These three frames hung in my room for an entire 14 months before I finally put pictures in them. I can't tell you how accomplished I felt when I slid those pictures in the glass.

We got this memory wall up finally. I've been wanting to get this up for just as long, but luckily I didn't have these frames up for over a year. I feel like my house is more homey now. We didn't have any pictures displayed at all before, and it's fun looking back on the memories.

And last but not least, this is my new favorite treat. They are SO. TASTY. Thank you to Heidi for sending me the recipe. They didn't even make it out of the pan and onto a plate before I was eating the heck out of them.


Here's the recipe. Make them. Tonight. Even though it's 10:00. You won't be disappointed.

3/4 cup margarine
2 cups brown suger
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

mix together then add

3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda

mix together and spread in cookie sheet pan

bake @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (they'll be really soft, almost liquidy, when you pull them out. Don't overcook them)

cool and spread with peanut butter lightly

then frost with pillsbury supreme milk chocolate frosting
 
Try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting. But I won't judge you if you do. If I wasn't trying to stay away from chocolate and nuts for Nora, I probably would have.

2 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh those bath pictures are ADORABLE. Why didn't you post one of you stark naked? Why are you so ashamed?

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! So I don't know if you remember me, but I met you at Heidi's Halloween party. Our little boy was 5 weeks old and he was a skeleton? So I haven't looked at your blog before and your daughter is DARLING! What a beautiful little girl! I'm so happy for you guys- doesn't being a Mom give this accomplished feeling? Even if you don't always get to shower til the end of the day and if nothing gets done around the house and you smell like spit up and all of that? It is just incredible. It looks like you guys are having tons of fun. Hope to see you again sometime. Oh, and heads up, I will definitely be contacting you in the spring because I am in love with your pictures and want to get some family pictures done when it's a little warmer!